“You are loved”
I know, I know, February is noted for Valentine’s Day and romance and candy, flowers, elegant dinners, but how much love do these things truly display. Oh, don’t take me wrong. I do the same things. But lately I have come to think of a love deeper than any other in the entire universe, and I do mean the entire universe. It is God’s love and He has it focused on all of us, including you. Allow me to share some of God’s insights God has given us as to how deep His loves for us, for you:
- God redeemed (released, liberated, freed, emancipated, rescued, delivered, saved) us because He loves us. Think of it our Lord, our God, our Savior loves us. He loves you.
- Isaiah 43:1-3 “…Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by your name; You are Mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; And through the rivers, they shall not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned, Nor shall the flame scorch you. For I am the Lord your God, The Holy One of Israel, your Savior;…”
- Think of it, In the middle of our selfish, sin filled lives God paid the price for our salvation. Not because we earned but, but because He loves us. He loves you.
- Romans 5:8 But God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
- God’s love came before we ever knew love but He can fill our lives with love. Fill you with His love.
- 1 John 4:10 In this is love, not that we have loved God but that he loved us and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.
- God demonstrate His great love by personal sacrifice for those He would call friend (colleague, workmate). Think of it, God want you as His friend, to work with Him and journey with Him.
- John 15:13 Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends. (FRIENDS)
So tell me, how do like the idea of God saving you, even while you are living at your worst and that He wants to fill you with His love and He loves you enough to want you to be His friend for all eternity?
Why not trust Him in your heart today and if you already have live out His love toward others?
Believe me, His love is not in short supply.
Chaplain Jim Vogt